View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Sorry guys, this was not a teaching evolution, this was a "get that damn thing fixed" sort of job. Didn't feel like bringing down the wrath of Wife down on my head fooling around with a camera. I did have a leaking problem where the toilet and base mate. Loosened and repositioned 4 times before I got the leak stopped. Overall it was a pretty easy job. Just remember to shut down shore water. Because if you hit the pedal while the flushing unit is off the toilet the compartment becomes another shower albeit a cold one. And that also upsets the wife. Anyway it is fixed and I see no leaks so far. Time for a cold one... P.S. the base gasket is a 3/4 inch thick sponge like gasket. Under the bowl are two more gaskets, the ball valve gasket and a top gasket that holds the ball gasket down and seals the top and bottom units together. that is where my leak was. I believe it was just a case of positioning.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote