Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I don't know if any of the new ones can be trusted either. I keep reading posts on problems from all brands. I have a 2006 Chevrolet with a Duramax diesel. I visit the Diesel Place often to see what problems people are having. Many!!! I was in Ocean City, MD last week when my check engine light came on (25,800 miles). Pulled into a Chevy dealer and had them read the codes - turbocharger vane position sensor. They couldn't tell me EXACTLY what was going on but they did re-set the computer (charged me $93) and sent me on my way. I called my home dealer and set up a service appointment to have it checked. He told me that I should be safe to drive it home. They (Chevy) had issued a tsb on this part and they were also having some problems with bad turbos. GREAT!! I really didn't think it was the turbo as it did not lose power. I did make it home without incident or the CEL coming on again. DW was very nervous on the trip home. Also had a flat on the truck after leaving the campground. Don't know what happened there but I have 4 new tires on order. I do keep up with maintenance, tire checks, cleaning, etc. but stuff happens. It's a crapshoot!!