View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
I've dealt with similar circumstances with houses on several occasions. I would doubt if a dealer can handle this....you are dealing with serious bacteria issues among other things. The last one of these I did, I did the tear out and zipping...flooring/subfloor removed, walls zipped 23" up, etc. exposing joists and lower portion of studs. I then called in servpro, who treated the joists, studs, ducts, etc. After treatment, those items were "sealed" (by servpro), then a tech came in and tested materials and air for quality. THEN and only then, I rebuilt.
Is this as drastic as yours? I have no idea, but I'll tell ya there is NO subfloor that can shield itself from absorbing some of this nasty stuff...and it wicks to other areas quite easily. I've seen this situation where they simply treated the subfloor with a germicidal bleach, then rolled a sealer onto it...generally tho' that's with pet urine, etc. and I've seen it fail more times than succeed.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but also remember, you may not know if it's "fixed" for several months. Whatever's done, you make dang sure it's guaranteed IN WRITING. Servpro/servicemaster will do this.
Bill
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote