Thread: greenhorns
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 07:30 AM   #9
Montana_1511
Established Member

M.O.C. #1511
Thanks Steve and Vicki for the wonderful postcards. We live in Colorado (which is beautiful, too) and have traveled to the Pacific NW several times. It's one of our favorite locations to enjoy the great outdoors. Aren't we lucky to live in such a beautiful country?

Jean

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

We also tow with a 4x4 and, like the others, have found it occasionally useful. We used to tow the same Montana with a 4x2 and didn't feel we needed 4x4. This one happened to have 4x4 when we bought it and we've found it handy. While you can pass by a site that might require a 4x4 to get into, you don't know whether lots of rain will make 4x4 helpful in getting out of another site. In any case, either way would be fine, in my opinion.

As for trepidation about selling the house... no for me, yes for Vicki. I was losing that 'battle' when we had some high dollar expenses on our home and Vicki decided it's time to sell it. We've been fulltiming for over 15 months and she'd be the first to tell you how surprised she is at how well and quickly she adapted. I think the key for her is that we agree that when we tire of fulltiming or have to quit for health reasons, we'll settle somewhere and get another house. Meanwhile, we're having a ball. If you need any help sleeping, the link in my signature takes you to a website containing the email postcards of our travels Vicki sends to relatives and friends. She's a few weeks behind right now but before long our time in the Black Hills will be out there too.

Also, lots of people rent out their home with intent to return someday. Some just shut it down for the duration. Others take long or short trips and stay in the house inbetween. If you want to discuss this with Vicki, email me your email address and I'll ask her if it's ok to give you her email address. You can email me by clicking the little envelope in the row of icons at the top of this post.

Good luck.
Montana_1511 is offline   Reply With Quote