View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Besides Banks Engineering there is Edge Products or Diesel Power Products, that I am familiar with. However, there are many others. But these are the only three brands that I am familiar with.

The Banks stuff is pricey but works better when you integrate much of their other stuff which is what I did on a prior truck I owned. The truck had outstanding performance and when towing I gained 2-3 mpgs. When I wasn't towing, the hot-rodding probably hurt my mpgs . If you are getting just the tuner, then they might be over priced.

I was considering Edge products but now being retired I am waiting for my TV warranty to end, then I'll have to see what the funding situations would be like.

When I first tried going through a Ford dealer, the one I researched offered DPP tuner, with Banks turbo charger and exhaust products but only they would continue to honor the warranty if I went to them exclusively and I don't live close to them any longer.

Whatever you do, it is highly recommended to consider gauges. You will need to keep your eyes on several things when using the performance upgrades, like turbo boost, trans temp, exhaust temp, actually the list is long. You might also have warranty concerns even buying through Ford.

Good luck on your search. Let us know how it turns out so we can be green with envy.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote