View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 AM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Tlightning, Well Delaine did throw away her research papers. But you can Google Blue Oz Towing and put in the Vehicle and it will tell you if its towable. Roadmaster also has a lot of information.

Most all vehicles, I say again MOST standard transmissions are towable 4 down. All wheel drive and 4x4's you just have to ask the manufactor. Many of the Honda's are towable, Suzuki, Kia's, Jeeps etc. There are several GM Cars and Trucks such as GMCa Arcadia, Buick Enclave, Malibu, Chevy HHR. Didn't look at Ford or Chyrlser.

We were looking for something light, lots of options, cost and room for our 88 lb dog "Montana". Most all foreign cars didn't have the room or were to heavy, and didn't have the options we have. And out mileage is 28 to 32 mpg. And the cost was much less than the competition. As I said before we had owned a Chevy HHR and knew it was a great little car and fun to drive, it also has 8 Air bags and you only have to remove the number 8 fuse before towing. The HHR doesn't changeo mileage numbers when under tow. Blue Ox and Roadmaster make a Tow system for the HHR, both are about the same price. We found the Braking system to be the biggest expense. We had our system installed by Camping World, and they did a Professional Job. We might have went with Blue Ox but they wouldn't tell us what the install would cost. Camping World gave us the price for everything up front, but they did have to order the System. Took about 5 hours for the install. Hope this helps. I will say double towing isn't for everyone. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote