View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cmawendy

I'm a certified medical assistant and work for a family medicine doc......you should NEVER take anything you read on the internet without first talking to your doctor. There are many things on the internet that are not true and there are many supplements that taken with other prescription drugs can hinder the way they work. They being the prescription drugs. Even if you don't take any prescribed drugs you should not take things you read on the internet. Just because it is on the internet does not make it true.
The best advice I've seen on this subject in a long time.
There's a lot of misleading or just plain BS information on the Internet, be very careful, and do a lot of research before joining even some of the known medical data forums.

I'm a retired former certified paramedic, and admit I certainly don't have the knowledge or expertise of an MD or Pharmacist, but I did a lot of reading of various journals over 30 years, and am lucky enough to have a very progressive Family Physician (he's in his mid 50's) who isn't stuck on his MD doctorate and often suggests alternatives that work as well if not better than a prescription to pharmacy medications.
Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote