View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #47
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
I read somewhere that 94% of tire failure is caused by high temperature and excessive heat can harm rubber components and adhesion between components within the tire. I'm wondering if you see one tire in eight with the temperature creeping up will it give enough heads up to save the tire from permanent harm before it goes into low pressure alarm. I mean it's great to see the tire is losing pressure but the warning that the temp on one specific tire MIGHT save the tire from unseen damage and being ruined. I'm thinking the temperature alarm can't hurt. Someone said earlier in this thread they used Velcro on their dash mat. I do the same to my XM Radio and TomTom. Yesterday I jumped in the rig and all that was on the dash mat was the VELCRO! 103 degrees and everything was on the floor except the Velcro! The TSP system comes with a little sma antenna on the side of the unit and it comes with a longer antenna for external use. Melanie at TSP says this is for longer semi rigs but it's nice to have as a standard item. I believe the system also came with an additional one year warranty for a total of two years on the warranty. She was very helpful and spent about 30 minutes on the phone directing me on their website to links that answered my questions. As always comments are IMHO.
WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote