View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Got to agree with Tom on this one. Years ago I purchased a new 86 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer series and was talked into buying the extended warranty. Among other things it also covered rust. If you will recall Ford had problems with tailgates rusting out at the very bottom. This is what happened to my Bronco and sure enough the ext. warranty paid for the repairs BUT the Eddie Bauer series had a graphic trim piece that ran across the bottom of the gate. This they would NOT replace because they would have had to either buy the entire graphic package from Ford or have someone paint it on.
Well you all know me, I blew my stack as the warranty pretty much had said the repair would be like the rust never happened. "If that's the case replace the dam& graphic" I said. They said "NO". Let me tell you, you don't want me voicing my opinion of this BS in your showroom with a 1/2 dozen customers watching. I was politely asked to go into the owners office to settle this matter. In order to get me out of there the owner refunded the cost of the ext. warranty and, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, never charged me one penny for the repair of the tailgate.
Two years later I traded that Bronco and never did have the graphic replaced.

Extended Warranties??? Not me, no way, been there, done that, will never do it again!!!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote