View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Thanks LonnieB,

In my area, these tires are running about $200 each.

I plan to keep my existing Goodrich Rugged Terrain as an LT265/70R17 spare. It is not in the rotation cycle, was used for 400 miles of highway driving and other than keeping the air at 75 it is stored underneath my truck. However, I have not checked the date code but what's the age I should worry about?

I just thought of something else. I had considered going to a larger tire, but not off-road, climbing cars large. With 17" wheels, the existing tires "look" real small on my long bed 4x4 but I am not a fan of the low profile 20"-24" wheels on a truck.

For my truck and driving conditions, what would be the largest tire that does not require modifications to the suspension, that is, JUST a tire change and nothing else that meets the same load and use requirements? If there isn't one, that's okay, but if I go with a larger tire, I will change the spare.

My Brother in law had your truck with an Auto Trans and put 16" wheels and a larger tire size but I want to keep my existing wheels. What size tire is on your truck?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote