View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I hate to say this but all the various waxes, polishes, etc. mentioned in this thread go totally against what Burlington suggests.

The following comes directly from Burlington...
Quote:
quote:Exterior Graphic Care Instructions
The graphic package you have purchased with your Keystone RV was designed for superior durability and requires little maintenance. Please follow the steps below to get the best performance from your graphic package:
1. Wash your graphics with soap and water or car wash detergents. Rinse thoroughly. Do not use abrasive sponges (like SOS pads) or abrasive cleaners (like Comet) to clean your graphics.
2. Start cleaning at the bottom of the graphic and work up, rinsing the abrasive dirt and contaminants away as you go. Starting at the top can leave streaks where the concentrated cleaner runs down the side effectively cleaning that surface area more than adjacent areas.
3. We recommend that you do not wash your graphics with a high-pressure sprayer such as a power washer. Try to avoid the graphics when power washing your RV walls. High-pressure sprayers can contain enough force to lift the edge of your graphic and cause it to peel.
4. Do not overcoat your graphics with clear paint of any kind. Your graphics already have a clear coat over them.
5. Wipe your decal from the center toward the outer edge to prevent from wiping against the decal edge.
6. Do not let gasoline or other fuels drip or remain on your graphics for any length of time. If a spill occurs, wipe off the graphic and rinse with water immediately.
7. Do not use petroleum-based solvents on your graphics. They will soften the vinyl and damage the clear coat and / or ink.
8. Do not apply wax over your graphics, especially if the wax contains any petroleum or silicone distillates. Car wax will not improve the finish of graphics and can damage the surface of vinyl graphics after repeated exposure. If you do wax your RV, wax that has dried along the edge of a graphic can be removed by first softening it with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs. Be sure to rinse the area after cleaning.
Having posted that I will say that, with the exception of the nose, to my knowledge no one has never applied any wax to my rig. BUT, my rig was displayed at the Tampa RV Show. It is altogether possible the dealer waxed it prior to the show. Yes, I did wax the nose one time after removing a ton of Love Bugs and YES, my graphics on the nose and both sides have begun to peel.
If and when I get my graphics replaced you can bet I will be following Burlington's suggestions posted above.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote