View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Emmel, be cautious about declaring victory until you put a load back on the air bags and driven for a few miles. Maybe moving the lines around might have taken care of the problem but there are certainly many other places for the plumbing to be loose and cause a failure.

Try a long tow with the trailer and the air bags inflated, and if nothing goes wrong then you can start feeling more confident.

I had a problem with one of the regulators (I think that's what it was called but I forget) and the controller I used was giving me an error code for one side of the air bag system. I contacted the company where I had them installed and they suggested I contact Firestone for advice since they were still under warranty. I did that and when I described the problem they said "it was probably the regulator" - again I think that's what it was called. So they said they would send me a replacement but I would have to pay shipping but that it would take a few days before I got it. I ended up having to drive (limp) home since I was not very far away. When they finally arrived days later they had sent two of them. I replaced the failed one and now have a spare.

Things to check - 1.) Do you have separate inflators? This allow better control 2.) If so, make sure you fill one side at a time unless you KNOW for sure that you can do both sides... 3.) When filling up each side stagger the lift. for example, put 10 lbs of air per side until you are at your target pressure. 4.) Make sure that your rig is as level as possible when you do this. 5.) Know your minimum air bag pressure - I believe it is about 6-7 lbs, but I always keep 12lbs or more per side when the truck has no load so I don't approach the minimum.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote