View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #38
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The year I bought my 3/4 ton Ford had the best towing/loading capacity of the big three.

Since then Ford and Chevy and I think even DODGE upgrumped their capabilities. Chrysler is having some major financial and quality issues (my bro-in-law has one) and GM is looking to be broken up and I am biased, but the new Ford's look real badass (Another bro-in-law just bought the F-450 MONSTER which makes my F-250 look like a Tacoma). I preferred the look of the GMs until recently (I am just not into their new look, yet), but it's all about the utility first! Quality wise everyone's got horror stories about all of them, so ignore the naysayers.

Starting with the SWD, 1 ton, get the biggest baddest one you can that exceeds your weight needs and you shall do fine. As long as it's diesel you should be good to go. The diesel will have overall less cost for fuel but more importantly provide the strengths (torque and HP) over a gasoline engine and translates to Load/Towing capacity. For those who want to complain about the noise and the stink, just do what the rest of us do - keep the windows rolled up. Actually diesels have come a long way to improve emissions and noise. These aren't your father's diesels any more.

We are anxious to hear your decision.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote