View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Brad,

I thought the percentage of improvement of fuel mileage was substantial. 40% for gas and about 20% for diesel. Certainly it's not as good as an auto but it seems to be a major step in the right direction. I did not see how much it would cost for this process so can't speak to that issue. Other than to say we need to start somewhere and if the technology is there then we should look forward to seeing such vehicles.

It is amazing to see how resistant people are to change.... change of any sort. We need to do something..... almost anything.... to get on the road to recovery and improved environmental and economical action.

I can imagine the first people to propose producing electricity directly from the sun being laughed at! And while solar power is not yet a mainstream process it is definitely making an impact.

Reading your post would seem to dissuade anyone from trying to help in the "green" movement. And any company that was thinking of producing any type of "green" process as well. Given this type of thinking we'd never make any progress!

With your stated philosophy re: the "green" process I'm totally surprised you'd even consider buying a hybrid of any sort! But I totally support that action. You will enjoy those "environmentally insulting lithium batteries". But then you, too, will have that "green" badge of environmentalism.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote