Thread: Water Pump
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
The first time I used the pump on my Mountaineer I thought the water hammer was going to break the pipes. On my unit the pump is under the bottom kitchen drawer and has very little space around it. I tried everything, rubber under the pump(not much difference, The Surflo sliencer kit (almost got worse) and wrapping all the rigid plumbing I could find with pipe insulation (seemed to help alot). I then took the silencer kit off and put in about a 5 foot piece of flexible tubing and ran it in a big loop and fastened it to the back wall and floor. That had great results. Made the kitchen faucet quite but anytime you used the bathroom sink, shower or toilet it was as bad before. I took all the access panels I could find in the basement passthru and under the fridge in the furnace compartment and wrapped those tubes also. Found that most of the tubes that went through the walls and floors was touching the hot water tubing and the wall and floor surface. Wrapped the rest of the pex tubing and made sure to get the plumbing going to the bathroom fixtures and the toilet and now everything is real quite. I found by mistake that the loudest noise transfer was the plumbing under the floor of the bathroom/shower/toilet area. Be sure to get it all.