View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
My personal opinion is the speculative manipulators of commodities got caught up in something way bigger than they could handle. With Wall Street tanking, the falsely inflated prices of everything, stocks, bonuses, golden parachutes, etc. are coming back to reality. Those who made money on speculation are losing money on speculation which in turn reduces the impact of speculation. The price of oil was driven up by brokers (middle men) who are now facing the harsh realities of a recession looming because of the credit crisis. They have to be conservative as well as everybody. Regardless of all of this, I will hang onto my ever-repeated philosophy of the "bonus days" we are given, and rejoice in the riches of our blessings in this great country. As you read this, remember the other people in the world, the starving children, the truly hopeless, and know that you can make a difference in someones lives. I think of a child who receives a Samaritan's Purse Shoebox for Christmas for their ONLY gift and marvel at our attitides at times. Nothing personal against anyone here (as always), but please be thankful for the riches that we do have. Remember that if you have a pair of shoes, clean clothes, a roof over your head, and change in your pocket that you are richer than 95% of the people in the world. Sorry, off the soap-box now.......
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote