View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We have been on the island and there is damage. Driving by in a car can not tell you what is behind the outside walls. We have looked at a condo complex where everything is destroyed as the roof was peeled off and water has destroyed everything inside. The outside of the building looks fine.

Tons of trucks were headed into Padre when we came out the other day. There must have been 40 to 50 trucks lined up on the freeway waiting to come in.

Not everything is damaged, but that is my birds eye view from our truck. The condo we viewed will be a total for contents as the roof was ripped off and water flooded from the top.

Looking at losses in other areas we have found damage and at other places water, but not because of wind. People really need to understand their policies when they live in a hurricane area. Adjusters can only pay for what you have bought coverage for.

I can report that mosquitos are carrying me away, even during the mid day. Guess I will be buying more Deet products. Not sure what a spot cost during season, but we are paying pretty high prices IMHO for out of season.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote