Thread: warranty
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #13
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Here’s a good one; however, it wasn't warrantee work but work that I had done. I guess I just need to vent a little after thinking about this.

We had our Monty in for repairs (non warrantee issue.) When they told me it was ready, they told me it would be ready to pick up in about 2 hours. I got there in 3 hours and then I had to wait on them. They came out later on in the day after I had already paid for all the service work and told me it was still leaking (sewer and tank work) and it would have to be worked on again and it would be another day or two. When I came back to pick it up they tried to charge me for 4 more hours labor of which I didn't think I should have been charged for at that point. This lady told me they thought they were being fair by only charging me for 4 hours labor when she said it took 12. I told her I thought it would be fair if I wasn’t charged anything for the labor at all. I asked if there was anyone else I could talk to and she said no, I’m the owner. She still charged me for an hour labor plus parts. It came to about $134.00 or so. I paid her and then I left.

Well excuse me but if something was supposed to be ready is it my fault that it wasn’t fixed correctly in the first place? I don’t think so! The more I think about how they did me on that one incident the less likely I will buy from them the next time I’m looking for a camper. This was where I purchased the Monty from to begin with. I had taken it back to them under their warrantee and they treated me very well. I’m just totally surprised with the way this last trip turned out.

Dealers seem to forget that were mobile and can easily keep on rolling down the road to someone who will great us with a smile and open friendliness.