View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #47
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks, Bill. I do understand what you're saying. My Physics is limited to classroom study many years ago but some of it actually stuck!

What's happening here is that on our Montana the telescoping rear stabilizers do not do a good job of stopping tail wagging no matter how hard we dial them down. The Eliminator stabilizers hopefully add to that function, stopping tail wag. The Tech told me if my rear stabilizers are doing their job, then put the arms fore-aft. If not, put them crosswise. So I guess he's saying use them to do the most good for my particular situation. Makes sense to me.

Our foreaft stabilization is good with the Eliminators, the front landing gear and a small amount of fore-aft protection from both the rear stabilizers and the scissor jacks.

Bottom line is we need tail wagging reduction more than we need fore-aft movement reduction. I hope that makes sense.

The Eliminator tech told me he knows of a situation where three guys went together to buy an extra set of Eliminators. Like the JT's, a set consists of six arms. Each guy got two arms and added them in the other axis on their rear stabilizers.

My thoughts exactly, I have no issues with up and down but without the stabilizers we had lots of tail wagging. Our previous SOB 5th wheel used the BAL jacks on the rear that had one leg on each side that dropped down. It made for a much more solid rig than the scizzor jacks.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote