View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #12
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I think from what I have read most State parks are doing a lot of business East of the big river. West of the river I would think business would be down some due to travel distance This past week-end I agree travel would be a little different remember a lot of Stimulus checks had been sent out and lots of people said well its may be more expensive next week.

How ever I keep reading were people say they want quit traveling. Well all I can say they must have unlimited resoureces. Most everything that requires Oil or just about all food products have seen increases in price. Just remember everthing we use has been on a Truck the price will go up.

As some of you know we are kinda looking at the Big Sky 10th Edition, Delaine has talked to several dealerships and also to Keystone. Didn't hear of a price increase if it goes up $4,000 + we will reconsider. That would be a hefty increase. With the Oil going higher everday I don't think price increases are going to help the RV industry. We haven't been able to locate the floor plan we are looking for. There is a 2009 model with the rear entertainment system but thats not what we are looking. An the places that do have some 2008's said they want order 09's until they sell the 08's.

I think in the next 60 days you will begin to see much less RV's on the road. I am seeing much less than last year. Yesterday we spent several hours on I-40 RV traffic is down from last year.

State parks seem to do well, again I think its the short travel distance. We don't do State parks, just prefer the RV parks vs the State parks. I sure hope I am wrong and that RV travel stays up, if not I see some of the smaller RV parks closing. Good Luck to all. Just hope we get smart and go after our leaders in Congress. We just got mail from our Congressmen and he said he will continue to vote to drill in areas we know for sure Oil is there. What does your Congressmen say???????? GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote