View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #29
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

Guys I just had to buy 4 New mesas on the way back from fla. Got home and called tireco and they sent me 5 new milestars. Now!! I sat down and looked at the dot #s. Old tires dot 4YB3 CQ1C. the new tires ..SAME.. Also same tread. Old tires mfg date 2 tires mfg 1405 and 3 mfg 1505. RV purchased new 06/05. Now I have 4 new mesas, 5 new milestars, my tire man thinks mission and milestar are the same. Montana is in the back yard I am still trying to decide what to do. bobby
I think I would contact NHTSA, or perhaps DOT. Sounds like they just molded a new name on the same tire. Perhaps they can use the same DOT number (don't know), but I would be finding out. Kind of like if Firestone would have put Freestone on their defective tires to keep them on the market. Never know about the Chinese, they may be just making up DOT numbers for their use.

Edit: I emailed NHTSA with questions about the DOT number and it's use. Time to get the ball rollin'. If they don't respond, I'll find another address to email or give someone a call.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote