Thread: De Humidifier
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #16
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
We have lived in Washington, and are now in Florida for the past few years. We keep a dehumidifier in the RV all the time. I set it on the counter and have a hose run to the sink, or set it in the shower and let it drain there. Our is an automatic type that has a setable level for humidity, fan speed etc. We try to keep it at 35 - 40% humidity. We usually don't keep it in the rig for short runs, but do if we are on an extended trip and will keep it with us when we go fulltime. I can usually find a place for it to ride, or store it in the basement. It is cheap insurance. Our motorhome, (pre Monty) sat idle for about 3 years due to some family issues and was in as good of shape on the inside as it was when we parked it. The car that sat nearby (neighbors) sat for about a year and was full of mold. The dehumidifier made a huge differance in protecting the interior of the MH. For us in the "humid" parts of the world I look at it as an essential piece of equipment for the rig and make the room to have it.
Also whenever the rig is just sitting, we keep the doors to all cabinets open as well as the refrigerator doors. Helps keep those areas dry also.
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote