View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Robert, I love my 6.7. I had the same check engine light problem, though. Here's a tip for you...

1. Put the key in the ignition.
2. The next key position forward is the Run position. Not start but the position when the engine is running.
3. With the key in the off position, turn the key THREE times within 5 seconds to the run position. off-run-off-run-off-run, stopping with key in the run position.
4. have pencil and paper handy. The digital odometer will read out any trouble codes in the computer. It will show the first code for several seconds, then the next, then the next, etc. When done it will say "done".

Do a google search on on the code you find. It's an obdii code if that helps you search. If the code is P2262, like mine was, then you may have the older turbo and need to have it replaced with the newer turbo. Mine was replaced and problem solved. If you don't find the code by googling, email me (envelope icon above this post) and tell me the code. I have some obdii code lists although none of my lists are specific to this engine. Still, most codes apply to all makes.

If a different code, still do the google search, then tell your Dodge service folks what codes it showed. There was one code that just required a reflash of the computer. Some of the early ones, like mine, needed that flash.

I hope this helps.

I just got the recall for mine, too, for some emission sensor to be replaced. I'll take it in next week.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote