View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You're right about the deer! They are nothing but problems up here and are as thick as fleas on a stays back! We did just have rifle season up here but most of the hunters go for the bucks and there are plenty of them to hunt but the problem is the number of doe. I was talking to the game warden the other day and he said one doe produces 35 new deer in a five year period. That is the doe and their offspring! The problem up here in Nebraska is that they are producing twins and triplets around here and that doubles or triples the population. What a mess! We aren't the only states that are having this problem-- my sister-in-law in Ohio was on here way home from work on Wednesday morning and a four by four jumped out in front of her and came straight on into her radiator. We all need to do like Alabama is doing! When you get a license for the year, they are able to shoot one deer everyday of the season. If you get bow, rifle and late season licenses-- you would be able to shoot 30 deer or more! Don't know what you'd do with that much venison but it would take care of the problem of over population anyway! Well got to go, it's Black Friday and the DW wants to head out shopping! Glad to go on this one--she's heading for Menards!! Take care and have a cool one for me down at the local!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote