View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 AM   #13
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
I finally got tired of the heat causing the velcro to loose its adhesion and letting the foil widow cover hang from the shower skylight.
I went to Lowes and had a peice of plexiglass cut that is the same size as the outer edge of the plastic trim. I pulled the trim and laid it on the plexi to mark the mounting hole location and carefully drilled the plexi. I then put som limo dark tinting from Wally World on the top side of the plexi. The window cover was trimmed to fit just inside the skylight opening and on top of the now shaded plexi. Reattach trim with plexi in place to complete the job. One just has to be carefull not to over tighten the screws, or the plexi will crack. I think I have cracks around 2 or 3 screw holes, but with the tint you can't see them and they're not hurting anything. This is more of a permanant fix, but that's fine with us as we don't like the light pouring in in the morning, and the foil window cover really keeps the heat out. The tinting is really more for looks than anything else. It hides the foil well.
DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote