View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889

With a cost of over $5,000 to replace the injectors in a Duramax, many of us "Pre ULSD" guys are running the additives to help maintain the fuel system as long as possible. My truck is an 04, which makes it just shy of 4 years old. The thing already has 80,000+ miles on it and by the time it turns 5, the truck will be well passed 105,000 miles...about half the anticipated lifespan of the truck. I will continue to run the additives in my truck until my injectors or fuel system fails, then will have the dealership investigate the cause of failure.

Having said that; I am not sure how other states work, but up here in Washington, diesel trucks still have to go through the strict new emissions check every few years. I just had mine done (not required, but did for possibility of moving to another state) and after 25,000+ miles of running the additive, the truck passed. I asked the fella working there, where was my trucks rating within the accepted range? He said dead center. While maybe my truck is the exception, that readout and PASS is all the proof I need to know I am still doing my part to help reduce emissions while providing the best maintenance and protection for my truck.

Of course when I buy a new ULSD diesel truck, I will no longer run the additives.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote