View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Pat & Nancy, First, congrats on your decision to end the nomadic lifestyle. My sister did the same thing after 4 1/2 yrs on the road. She still travels though only not as long. I guess you could say she is a long timer now. She needed the stability and to be near family.

We started full timing in May of this year from Alaska and sold "almost everything". We sent some things to each of our sons, one in San Diego and one in Phoenix. We did send some things for storage to son in Phoenix which we will go through this winter and decide what to keep and what to sell or give away. We did not leave anything in Alaska, well maybe a tear or two, NOT!!!! We also looked at the expense of storing versus buying new again and without knowing when we would buy again the decision was made to sell, not store. We figured the cost savings from not storing would be enough to furnish a new place.

We have been in Oregon since before the Rally in Redmond in July, and I can honestly say we have put Oregon on our short list of places to retire to someday. We are presently in Medford and finally heading south to Ca Tomorrow, Crescent City, CA. We spent time on the coast, time in Bend, Crater Lake, La Pine, visited Klamath Falls for one day, Pendleton was nice little town. World of difference between East desert and West coast.

Good luck with your new home and enjoy it!!!!!

Phil & Cathy
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote