View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Welcome to "Family Montana."

I have been through the tow vehicle question numerous times over the past year. I even purchased a couple of older TV's to see how each brand performed. After an expensive and exhausting search I found the TV which was right for me. This time it just happened to be a brand I don't care for but has the drive train I prefered.

One thing you can do if your worried about tow weight is go to a sale lot(cattle or horse) and shoot the breeze with a couple of farmers about their tow vehicles. They will offer you a wealth of information.

I have the advantage of working at a feed store part of the time so I could poll people bringing their horses to the race track from other states. I found each vehicle has its own little quarks. If you buy a ford keep an extra cam sensor in the glove box. If you buy a dodge be prepared to have the fuel system serviced as routine maintance. After too many tranny problems I had ruled out the Chevy long ago. After several months of my poll I made my decision and haven't looked back.

Take your time.
Drive everything you can.
Pick what makes you comfortable when you get behind the wheel.

Hope this helps.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote