Thread: Diesel noise?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #26
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
I used to be a guy who would defend the gassers till blue in the face when the diesel guys chimed in on diesel vs gas topics, the upfront cost was just too much in my eyes. In march of 2006 I had ordered an 06 8.1L chevy crew cab and due to a screw up by the dealer it wasnt going to make delivery in time for our travel season. I ended up with the diesel against my judgement but had very few options in the time alloted. In hindsight, I can 100% see where my arguements fell short when comparing gas vs diesel and am so happy fate worked the way it did. richfaa, I understand exactly where youre coming from, Ive been there. Currently a buddy of mine has got a Bounder class A with a v-10 and it does an admirable job hauling its load, fords modular engines make great power and are rock solid, but I assure you 1 trip in any of the current diesel trucks will make you a believer. They may know the difference between between loaded and empty on a steep grade but you'll NEVER need to get a run at any hill. I can pull the mountians on I-77 the virginia/N carolina at 70mph(on the 65mpg tires) with the cruise set and not break a sweat, and the grade braking on the way down the other side is beautiful. On the flats It'll run 1600 rpm at 65mpg with barely a sound from the engine inside the truck. You'll LOVE that 6.4L, I hear the new engines are great so far. If ford can shake the bad motor reputation with this engine they'll do very well, the new super dutys are really nice trucks.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote