View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #31
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
In Diesel Truck Magazine after market parts has been a hot topic. It should also be noted that the value of older trucks will go up because they will be like the hot rods of the 60's and 70's. Remember when you could change parts to make it go faster or add more power,or add a part that was better than the original? Now you have the throw away car. The mechanics are just parts changers,and the car is just junk at the end of its time. The new Diesel pickups will be just that. The dealer wants it back so he can over charge for warranty work to pay for the fancy building. The warranty work cost is already fixed into the price of the vehicle,if you have to use it good for you, if you do not its extra money for the mfrs. I have a 2001 Dodge that I have replaced some thing with after market that were made in the USA or Canada. I do not want to buy from a Dodge dealer who will hand me a part made in Mexico or China. The things that I replaced were not broke but I felt they would improve the quality and performnce of my truck .
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote