View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 06:21 AM   #71
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Jerry
A heads up on Highway 1. It is closed between Half Moon Bay and Pacifica at Devil's Slide. This area has been a slide area for many years and this time it is really bad. There is no date of opening mentioned. I personally would not want to pull an RV through the 1 around the Carmel/Monterey area. We've stayed at and enjoyed the Marina Dunes in Marina (right outside Carmel/Monterey), the Pelican in Half Moon Bay and the KOA in Petaluma. Didn't like the Novato campground. We did not like the CG in Pacifica although I understand they have remodeled. Very narrow sites. So many of the campgrounds in the Monterey area have bad access roads that are steep and winding. Check with the campground before you go to find out if they recommend coming there with a unit as big as our Montanas. Casa del Fruta is also a neat place just south and east of San Jose. I worked in the larger Bay area and lived in the 5er for 6 or 7 years. We'll look forward to seeing you at Mt. Shasta and hear of your adventures.
Happy trails....................