View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad, if the red/green bulb you are talking about is the one mounted on top of the regulator and has a black cap over it, then it's not really upstream of the regulator. It is part of the regulator and changes to red when the primary (the selected) tank's pressure drops below a certain point. That could be because of an empty tank or perhaps a restriction in the line. Or a faulty regulator on rare occasions. The red mini-regulator is on the line from the other side's tank and apparently is used because some of us had problems with our older rigs that did not have the extra regulator. If we opened the tank valve too quickly the safety valve in the tank thought there was a leak and shut off the propane flow from that tank. That's because of the long run from that tank to the regulator sometimes fooled the safety valve. I don't know if I'm making any sense. No, the 2003 models do not have the little red regulator.

FuntimeFollies, thanks for the headsup on this. Any time something like this comes up I think it's a great idea to post about it. Could you tell me more about the relief hole in case of a diaphragm failure? Is that where it was spewing propane?

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote