View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Two great post by Countryguy and Montana Sky and they are right on target..Although we are not fulltimers and probably never will be we have always been weight conscious . Every year we evaluated what we were carrying in our camper. After the first 2 week trip in our new 3400 we have already taken some stuff out.It may take a while but you will be looking at stuff and saying..We have not used this "whatever" for months..do we really need it. We will be long timing so we are especially space and weight conscious with this camper.Dave(Montana Sky) and I do not see eye to eye on the value of the High Gloss finish, We each have our opinion. The high Gloss does look pretty(I would like to have it)( same for the dual pane windows, weight that can be used elsewhere) and weight is not a big issue but to me the 200 or 250 lbs is a Washer/Dryer and a freezer unit that we need for long timing and space and weight are issues..everything is a trade off. Do as you are doing..homework/ research, ask questions.In my previous life we called it a "needs assessment" go through that excerise, as it appears you are doing, and the correct decisions will become obvious. We did not start out wanting a 3400..after a year or so of determining our needs the 3400 chose us. This is actually the fun part.It is sort of a let down after the new camper is in the driveway.Then comes the "tinker" phase.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote