View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I do agree with the first 3 paragraphs of your post..I have no idea about the 2nd part but would make some good questions for keystone when at the fall rally tour.We crunched the same numbers when we were purchasing our 3400 and that is what prompted me to find the answers about what the Hi gloss and Dual pane windows weighed.I do know that we had a really hard time finding the "right" person at Keystone who knew the real answer to just about any question.I find it interesting that the first group of folks they attempt to connect you with is "sales"..the last group of folks I would want to look to for real answers.. What we, as you are suspecting began to realize was the the numbers did not seem to add up.We did not get the High Gloss, Dual Pane windows, generator, we gave up one recliner, end table and lamp (for the bird) and added the 2nd A/C.We would not have got the generator anyhow and figured we did not need the Hi gloss and Dual pane windows and it would add 400 lbs or so to the carrying cap.As I mentioned before IMO it is a struggle between marketing and design/ engineering. Oh.. and we always found the "right" person who knew the Real answer to our question..but then again you found the "right" person who said the dual pane windows weighed @ 400lbs and my right person said @ 200lbs. I do not know anyone personally nor do we personally know of any RV'er being cited for being overweight.We did note a couple of months ago at a rest stop on the Ohio TPK a RV transporter having a conversation with the Ohio "weight Police" they may of been old buddy's..or not???

I really do not think that many of these questions on weight can be answered by any of us..way to many unknowns and a lack of information from the Manufacturers.. I'll bet marketing just hates us.. I had a sign on my desk in my previous life that said (in jest, sort of) "don't ask me any question I don't want to hear." We do that...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote