Thread: washer/dryer
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 03:15 AM   #42
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlotte

Ours was prewired in the front closet and we bought the stack washer/dryer when we bought the trailer. It is a Kenmore unit and we have been happy with it. Both the washer and dryer are very quiet. We can only run one at a time. But, as I complained before, I found out the hard way about the unit being plumbed through the black tank when it backed up in the toliet on my first time using it. We were told when we called the dealer that they sometimes do that at the factory. They said they could change it but they would have to have it for a day or day and a half. We are fulltimers and not located close to the dealer so decided to just live with it. We thought maybe they do this was done that way to help clean the tank. Don't know. Anyway, my answer to the problem of a smaller tank is to let it fill once while I am washing and then to leave the tank open until I am finished with all loads. It does mean that I have to be alert on that first load.
Hi, I bought the Maytag set, where do you have the dryer venting, out the sidewall aft of the door? I haven't measured yet for my vent, I'm hoping I don't have to do much adapting, as the space is tight in there.
We had to laugh, we have two stickers, one says the unit drains into the tank, and the tank should be empty, or something like that, the other large sticker states that the unit drains directly into the main dump drain, by-passing the tanks. I'll figure it out.
You probably can rewire the two so that they both operate at the same time, my two outlets are both 20 amp. and have their own breakers. I don't know why it wouldn't work, you might research that.
My dryer is 220 volts, I added a breaker and a 220 volt outlet for the dryer.
Please let me know on the dryer vent, also where does it come out of the dryer, side, back?
Thanks, Jim.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote