View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:41 AM   #11
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214skier View Post
Dutchmen,

... I haven't received the WeBoost yet (coming from Amazon shortly). I am just in planning stages.

When we first got our WeBoost, I actually took it to some of the different state parks in Indiana where we had very poor or no phone signals for our cell phones. And also some parks that had very spotty service. So, we loaded up everything, and because we have the annual Indiana DNR pass, there's no charge for entering the state parks. We picked a Sunday afternoon when campgrounds were thinning out after the week-enders left.

Here's how we did it. The first photo shows the base I made for the antenna. The pipe is just a section of PVC I had laying around. I can move the actual antenna clamp higher or lower if need be. I made that block stand out of treated 2x's. I put the 2 uprights close together so the PVC pipe has to be forced into the joint, but stays firm and can be removed.

The block actually goes on the roof of the camper and it actually catches under my air conditioner shroud. I did spray paint the block, so it's now black and then I used a spray on rubber on the bottom to make the bottom a little less slick, and won't slide around. It's heavy for sure, but it works great. When traveling, everything comes off the roof of the camper.

The second photo is how we tested it at one of the Indiana State Parks. We commandeered an open campsite for about an hour and set everything up, including lap top computers, my wife's works computer, cell phones, everything. It worked very well.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote