Thread: Dometic Fridge
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 09:44 AM   #3
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
The "limit switch" is actually a thermostat and is known to be rated too high before closing and allowing the fans to kick on. Allowing the 1350 to get way too warm. I bypassed the one on ours and added a thermal snap switch rated at a much lower temp to close and turn on the fans.

I did this several years ago. (Also added extra fans) I cant remember the temp ratings but as an example if the existing switch is rated to close at 125 degrees get one that is rated for 105 or so. You can get them in many different ratings. They will have the rated temp at which they close to turn on and the temp where they open to turn off fans.

The key is getting those fans moving air through the upper fins and out the exhaust vent before the fridge gets too warm. Adding extra puck style 12 Volt fans on the same circuit helps tremendously. I added fans at bottom pushing air up and at the exhaust vent pulling air through the fins and pushing out the vent cover. Ours has been trouble free since and stays at a constant 33 to 35 degrees even on 95 degree days. I don't have it set to the coldest setting either.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote