View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Can't help with the yellowing, ours is new.

We ordered ours without:
-gelcoat, it adds approximately 600 pounds of extra to the weight of the 5er [and decreases the amount you can carry in the trailor].
-Fantastic Fan is nice but cheaper as aftermarket.
-generator/generator prep, We don't dry camp any more and can use the storage. I also don't like one under the bedroom and a generator adds alot to pin weight.
-sliding tray in the basement because I felt it cost too much storage room, it's big.
-2nd A/C, it is probably good to get it if you plan on being in hot areas much, it's cheaper from the factory than from our dealer as an addon.
-washer drier combo would have been cheaper as OEM, we added it later.
-slide awnings, didn't want them but they're probably cheaper factory installed.
-end table, lamp and sofa table, didn't want them for their price.
-big refrigerator, too expensive for what you get.
-king size bed, takes up room on the sides of the bed making it difficult for Mary to make the bed and we would have needed another size of bedding.
-dual pane windows. Too many reports of problems after time and limited crossventilation capability

We did get;
-built in central vacuum, it has worked out well and is one less thing to find space for [except for the hose and attachments].
-fireplace even though it was overly expensive.
-steel wheels instead of alum because of price and they don't have to be polished.
-hide-a-bed for company use.
-selector valves, good for when you need to openclose only one slide.
-2nd A/C prep.
-outside shower, becausse Mary wanted it.
-artic insulation package, it does help a little
-washer/drier prep
-ceiling fan

We had the dealer install a TrailAir pin box at delivery, I think I would have had it factory installed if it had been available,
-We had the dealer install a support for the patio awning.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote