View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 06:06 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Nancy - our unit (3921FB) was manufactured Nov 2017 and we bought it January 2018. We have drum brakes - not disc brakes. They have been fine. I had a 2014 Chevy C3500 long bed single rear wheel truck. It towed the unit no problem. We bought the 2019 dually in my signature Feb 2019. Towing and stopping experience is MUCH better with the dually.

Be sure to check the dates on the tires…hopefully they are not the original tires.

We have really enjoyed the Suburban IW60 on-demand water heater because we have the full tub across the front. There are a few “quirks” to learn for the water heater…you can’t wash dishes and take a shower at the same time and get hot water at both places.

Make sure previous owners have replaced the 50 amp hydraulic slide breaker with an 80 amp breaker. If not - you can do it yourself for $40 or so. The 50 amp breakers are too small and the living room slides don’t work well. There are lots of threads on the subject in the forum.

The bedroom slide is a Schwintek electric slide. Lots of folks don’t like them and experience problems. Fortunately for our model the bedroom slide is small and probably well suited for the Schwintek mechanism. Read about them in the forum and watch YouTube videos for how to keep it going. I keep mine lubricated with teflon spray and synced properly, and have had no problems. Also I believe the placement of our bedroom slide far back from the nose helps to prevent frame flex…another often discussed item here in the forum…but this is only my theory - I have no engineering proof to back it up.

Let us know which unit you choose! There is lots of help available here!

Edit: I believe the 2018 model will have the “second generation” of the in-command system like mine. It will NOT control the air conditioners or the furnace. Based on my reading about issues others have had with “generation 3” in command - I am glad I have Gen 2! I have only had 1 issue with our in command…some living room lights fluttered inssesantly. Someone in the forum suggested I should swap relays in the control board and it was fixed!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote