Thread: Roof A/C
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 09:25 AM   #15
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
Consider the Gree Eco-Cool. Gree is perhaps the largest mfg of ac products. The Eco-Cool unit has an inverter compressor that uses 1/3 less amps, is quieter, can be controlled by smart phone WiFi, has a redesigned blower that the improves circulation, doesn’t need a soft start, and is priced to be competitive with Dometic, Coleman and other brands. Comes with a 2 year warranty
Thanks for the information on the Gree units, I didn't even know that they were available. I haven't done a real deep dive on them yet, but it appears that the inverter is only used for starting and it's not a truly variable speed unit. I've always thought the RV AC manufacturers could learn a great deal from the mini-split manufacturers, this is a giant step forward in my opinion. The true variable speed residential units modulate the compressor speed, refrigerant flow and blower speed. There seem to be more manufacturers getting into this market which I think is great; should spawn more innovation and competitive markets. Seems like Coleman and Dometic are about the only widely used OEM units and I question if a particular unit is chosen for it's quality or just the lowest bidder.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote