View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 10:48 AM   #5
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I believe the $12 pressure gauge is the right place to start; if you don't measure, you're just guessing. You should be able to isolate the problem to the campground, your RV, or just your perception.

I actually carry one of these gauges in my rig and my setup is to connect a "Y" splitter on the CG water supply. I use one side to connect the hose to my rig and the other gets the gauge connected. This also gives me a connection for the tank flush hose before I leave.

Check the actual CG pressure and probably the best place to test inside your rig is the washer cold water tap. If there's a >5psi difference, it's likely in your rig's plumbing system. A quick and cheap test for flow rates is to put a bucket, pitcher, or 1 gallon milk jug under the kitchen faucet, or even better the washer connection. Using a stopwatch, measure how long it takes to fill the container and calculate how many GPM it is flowing based on your measurement. Do not use the shower for this, they have flow restrictors built into the head or faucet. You should see a flow rate of somewhere between 10-14 GPM from the washer connection and maybe 2.5 GPM or so at your kitchen sink. Sinks are connected with 3/8" tubing which reduces the flow rate quite a bit.

Once you do the testing, post your results and we'll start troubleshooting then.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote