View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 03:26 PM   #29
randerson1
Established Member

M.O.C. #11585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdownthehighway View Post
Update:

Ok, here is an update of what I’ve done (for 2 hours) and still clogged/not draining anything but water

I got to the camper, opened the toilet lid and I saw TP at the toilet opening. I got the wand, I put the wand down the toilet l, tinted the water on, however, it started to backflow intro the bowl and the bowl started filling up and not draining.

I opened the drain and clear water drained out.
I then ran the hit tank flush with hot water. I let it sit for a bit, then I raised the nose as high as it could go, and nothing, just clear water gushed out. I tried the wand again and same thing, I can put the wand all the way down, turned it out and again, it started filling the bowl with the ‘stuff’, I opened the drain outside and clear water drained out.

I did this a few times and no paper or ‘stuff’ is draining, only clear water.

Is there anything I can use like a jet wash or something I can connect to my pressure washer and put that up the drain pipe and try to clear it that way?
Many of us have been where you’re at right now. We helped our daughter by letting her live in our 5er for 9 months. I gave her a crash course on using everything, but we received a Pooh clogged RV back…. As stated previously WATER is your friend with the holding tanks. When flushing the toilet, hold the foot plunger for a count of 15-20 and it adds water to the black tank. There’s all sorts of products on the market, but water is still your friend. Our best purchase has been a Valterra Flush King, a 9” clear sewer tube and a water meter which connects to the water input valve on the Flush King. Next thing is to know the exact gallons capacity for each tank. After that, it’s time to try it out. First time using the Flush King I recommend having someone inside the bathroom watching the toilet so it doesn’t over flow. My black tank is 50 gallons. The first time I used the Flush King I put 30 gallons in and then pulled the valve. I cringed at what came out, but did this about 15 times while I increased the input gallons up to 45 without overflowing the toilet. I did the same for both Grey Water tanks. Now when we travel, I put in 48 gallons into the black and do this 3-4 times. The last time is generally clear and my sensors are now showing empty. For less than $75 for the 3 items, we have a great way to confidently dump.
Sorry for such a long reply. This is a long video, but great info in it. It’s a video called: RV Black Tank Cleaning, Maintenance, Tips & 7 Mistakes To Stop Doing NOW!
https://youtu.be/fs7YE9hmD7k?si=nl7UVhmbZEGn0d9K
randerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote