View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 03:06 PM   #3
Chalkie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Most people regularly check things like lights and brakes themselves any way. But no doubt some self inspections will consist of “yep, it’s still there”.

But the last 2 or 3 times I had mine inspected they didn’t bother to check my brakes.
Our inspection is due in February and it irritated me to have to move out of our home base site, drive 5 miles to the inspection sire, spend less than 10 minutes and then drive home and set up all over again. Another Montana owner here in the park found an inspection tech that was willing to bend the rules and come inspect on site, for which we tipped him generously. He did do a thorough job, however, by insisting we connect to our trucks and he checked the brakes by listening for the solenoids at the wheels as well as all the lights, etc.

I have thought the inspections were kind of a joke on the RV as well as car and truck (I mean places renting tires to pass inspection? Really?). I think back to my military days in Scotland where we had to have an annual MOT inspection. Talk about thorough! Even rust in certain areas could fail you.
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote