Thread: Wildlife
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 07:07 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Our wildlife agencies have done a fabulous job of restoring our wildlife. We have a elk season in Virginia. Elk were stocked at the Peaks of Otter on the Blueridge Parkway many years ago. We had a pair on the property one fall when I was a kid. When we built our home 45 years ago I walked down through the woods about a hundred yards from our home and found a deer track. I ran back to the house to take my wife back so she could see it. Another thing I miss is groundhogs. There aren’t any, none on the farms we hunted 10 years ago. I’m a groundhog hunter. The Coyotes have done what we wouldn’t do, kill all the groundhogs. I went hunting once this summer. We could see over a mile both left and right and 850 yards in front of us. We didn’t see one groundhog. We hunted the same place about 10 years ago and got 6 or 7 between 750 and 800 yards. We came back the next summer and didn’t see any groundhogs where we had hunting before. I wondered why and after a while figured the coyotes has wiped them all out. I had a retirement plan groundhog hunting. That didn’t work out.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote