Thread: King Pin Lock?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #15
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
The Lock picking lawyer must be rich then. He has been picking them for some time.

As far as puling a fuse, the battery and all the solenoids are right there in one place one jumper cable to the hydralic motor and a short wire to any of the solenoids can raise the all the legs.
Really I wouldn`t worry about it, if you are take a tire off. The easy fixes are just as easy for the thief to defeat..

Thanks for the update.
Medico was one of my first and best industrial customers. Their buyer said he would give me one of their locks and the ten grand it I could open it because at the time 40 years ago there had been no takers. I haven’t did anything for them for over 35 years.
I think that lock was one of their original or close to original locks. The generation 4 lock is much more secure than that lock. With more security features. I would be very interested in seeing it could be picked. That original lock will stop almost all thieves.
An interesting note. The original lock was developed by a man named Roy Spain. When Medeco was originally sold Roy split the 40 million dollars up between him and 3 friends who had helped him develop the lock.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote