View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #17
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Thanks for the math, Mike and the explanation. I suspect this would make a practical, real world difference, especially for those tree covered parks we love to frequent up here in western Canada.
Next steps for me is that there are 3 favourite spots that are not yet available, including the one we spend quite a bit of time in AZ. Friends tried a regular Starlink dish there last year and I helped them try to configure it. We saw great speeds at times, but it was not reliable. Right on the edge of the zone, but it was problematic enough for me to hold off. And, I just checked the map again, and it has not changed since spring.
We are leaving for AZ in a couple days, so for at least the start of the trip it will be crappy wifi and cell hotspots. But, Starlink is definitely on the radar, and this has been really helpful!

Brad
As we are going thru AZ the first of the year and staying a couple of days in Sierra Vista in the south, Phoenix and then onto Quartzsite before heading north to Las Vegas. Will report on our service with Starlink when in those areas.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote