View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 06:46 AM   #24
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I was not aware that they were making these outboard brackets. In 18 years across four Montana’s we have had a slide issue twice. So, not everyone will see this as long as you own your Montana. If you do have the problem, it is a fairly easy fix, if you are handy. I have done this twice. The last time in January, we were on the road and broke the pinion. Our dealer got us in for service the next day at a dealer on the road, overnighted the parts to them and provided this repair procedure. That dealer in Albuquerque would not follow the Lippert TSB. I got it back and the slide once again came out crooked. Did the fix myself in a Harvest Host parking lot. Took longer to go get tools to cut the washer than to do the fix. Here is the link. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002436.pdf The reason I am chiming in is shortly after we did this fix in January, we were in Quartzsite and ran into another MOC member with slide issues. Camping World had “fixed” his unit by welding a bunch of washers. For months he couldn’t put his main slide out. He ended up taking it to Affinity. They told him they couldn’t fix it. He went to Lippert and they had him on the road the same day. I know the small split washer works. It looks as though the support assembly would work if it was sized properly. I would hesitate to weld anything there. We have a good extended warranty. Hopefully, I never have another issue. Will be on my list at rally.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote