View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I have a front windshield also. I recall reading a thread from someone who had a film of some sort installed on it with some success but I could not find the thread. I did find threads stating that a film applied to the interior surface of windows might cause heat problems in the glass. Forum member Daryles has done a comparison of various shading and film methods for the rear window and you can find those thru the search feature.

I know windshield shades are made for motor homes so I started searching for those. I found Sunshade that uses drilled in snaps to attach. Also Shademaster that uses twist locks and Magnashade that uses magnets. I found all of this in 30 minutes of searching - but I did not go far enough to determine if any of these manufacturers will make a custom size to fit our Montana windshields. I know they make specific shades to fit various motor homes. I need to do more research, maybe call these guys and find out about custom sizes. On Amazon the shades seemed to run ~$400 or so.

The downside for me would be that I would need to travel with my 12’ ladder to be able to install the thing and take it down. You can’t travel with them in place. I am somewhat curious as to why I haven’t seen more threads on this here on the forum. I believe the windshields came out in 2016. If the exterior shades were popular with Montana owners we would know about it in this forum.

I would urge you to do some research…basically I do not know what I am talking about here after just 30 minutes of searches and a few videos. I will be following this thread with interest.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote