View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #9
JDDilly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25257
I have the same setup as you. I has a fairly new Reese Elite 20K slider, so I use the adapter to go into the puck system. I also added the following to the TV:

- LoadLifter 7000 with Wireless One, I can smooth out the ride and adjust the air on the fly.

- BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover. It is a foldable hard cover that folds up to the rear window so you can access the full box. When towing I can leave it partially covered to better protect stuff in the front of the box.

- RDS auxiliary fuel tank, 60 gal. Mine had a stock 28 gal tank, which meant we started looking for fuel every 200 miles. Now I can go around 800 miles and be more selective where I pull off to fill. Many times we are unhooked and staying put for a few days so I can go fill without the trailer.

You PIN weight will be closer 3500 lbs, mine is 3620 at my last weight with about a 1/3 tank of fresh water on board. You will not really know until you are fully loaded and hit the scale to confirm. I would recommend the following on the trailer:

- Weigh the trailer every so often so you know where you are with the weight of the trailer and payload on the truck.

- A TPMS system for the trailer, it can save you from a major blowout and damage. There are many different brands with options. Don't forget to put one on the spare tire, you don't want it low if needed.

- Camera system. I have a Haloview with the extender and side cameras. It helps with changing lanes, you can see the blind spots and behind you much better.

Enjoy!!!

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2020 Montana HC 381TH, Sailun S637
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote