View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 04:59 PM   #30
MikeRP
Established Member

M.O.C. #22500
Just some thoughts. I recommend a slider. If it’s manual, you just have to get used to getting out and doing it in ALL situations.

Manual sliders like my B&W, are very heavy and I think auto sliders are even heavier.

So the problems with those two are ease of removal and impact on payload. I can’t stand taking it in and out.

Also I hit my cab, very early on over the back window near the top of the cab, small crease. This was in the wal mart from heck in Naples Florida. I caught a curb on a very tight turn and it tilted the camper into the cab.

So I bought a long bed and I now use the Anderson. I may yet go back to the B&W.

One thing to remember is pay attention to the payload. Even with 4200 lbs payload on my long bed Ram, with a tool box 46 gallon aux tank and everything full, the truck weighs 9300 lbs. so only 3000 lbs for payload. So when I’m loaded, to camp I’m 200 lbs short of max on the rear axle.

The Anderson hitch makes that 400 lbs short. I also can remove some heavy tools in the tool box into the camper to help out. So make sure you check those numbers.

Hope this helps.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote